We are aware of the latest COVID-19 outbreak and asssociated concerns and are acting in response to guidance from the Department for Education.
The department has already moved into action with a team supporting the schools and Early Learning Centres affected in the north, along with Health SA. Pimpala Primary School, along with all other schools has a plan which will be activated to respond to any local outbreak or directions from the Departments of Health or Education should the need arise.
Please understand that any decisions made at this stage will be in response to best practise guidelines, and may affect activities which are highly anticipated.
We will advise families of any updates as soon as we receive them via email, Schoolzine and/or Facebook. It is crucial that the school always has current details for all students - please ensure you notify us of any changes in home address, contact numbers or email addresses.
- SAPSAPA Athletics 17/11/2020
- Principal Tour 23/11/2020
- R-2 Swimming - 23/11/2020 - 27/11/2020
Information about future events including the End of Year Celebration and Graduation will be provided as soon as possible. At this time they have not been cancelled.
On a day to day basis, students are required to attend school unless they are:
· *Feeling unwell
· *Have a chronic medical condition or compromised immune system and are not able to attend school on advice from their medical practitioner
· *Live in a household with others that are deemed vulnerable to COVID-19 and are not able to attend school on advice of their medical practitioner
· *Have been diagnosed with COVID-19 or have been required to self-isolate by SA Health."
We have implemented a number of changes to the day to day operation of the school:
- Parents/caregivers are not to enter the classroom and are reminded to maintain 1.5m physical distancing at all times.
- The Canteen is open for lunches on Fridays only and Thursday and Friday for Counter Sales.
- The Uniform Shop is open on Wednesday mornings as usual and we are also taking online and phone orders.
- There is limited fundraising until things get back to normal. Thank you for your support.
School events and have listed on our calendar but please be aware that they are subject to change / cancellation from any changes to the COVID-19 regulations. Please check the calendar for updates regularly.
Thank you for your co-operation and understanding.
Here are the previous letters from the Department for Education
COVID_19_Step_3_Roadmap.pdf letter dated 25 June 2020
Student Attendance post COVID-19 letter dated 22 May 2020
Here are other links to help set up for learning at home:
Here is the link for the sa.gov.au website which has a range of information including COVID-19. sa.gov.au