Attendance & Absences
PLEASE CONTACT THE SCHOOL IF YOUR CHILD IS ABSENT.
It is a Department for Education requirement that all student absences and reasons for absence must be recorded by the school daily.
If a child is absent, it is the parent’s responsibility to notify the school. This can be done by:
- Sending an SMS message or ringing the School Absence Line
- 0412 089 811
- Leaving a message on the school’s answering machine (land line - 83260900) which is operational after school office hours;
- Ringing the school on the day of absence;
- Sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Sending a note with your child or write a note in your child’s diary the following day
- Completing the Report An Absence form link on the front page of our website.
If the child is absent as part of a planned absence eg. family holiday, please notify the school before the absence.
If your child will be away from school for more than 2 days on a planned absence (not sickness) then an Exemption Form needs to be completed by the parent to advise the Principal of this absence. The Exemption Form is available from the Front Office.